Ron Richard Memorial Scholarship
Northwest Meat Processors Association
5042 Stateline Road
Walla Walla, WA 99362
- A $500 scholarship will be made to an undergraduate student attending a university in one of the three (3) Northwest states (Oregon, Idaho or Washington).
- The student’s major must be in a scholastic discipline of value to the processed meat industry. Acceptable majors include Animal Sciences, Meat Sciences, Food Science or other Agricultural based areas.
- The award of this scholarship will be based on the following:
- Scholastics: applicants must have a grade point average of at least a 2.75 on a four (4) point scale.
- Career goals: applicants should be planning to enter a career of value to the meat industry.
- Class standing: applicants should be sophomore standing or higher in their coursework.
- Other activities: applicants should cite all activities that demonstrate leadership capabilities, intellectual growth and breadth of interests.
- Financial need will not be a consideration.
- Northwest Meat Processors Association will provide application forms for the applicant to complete. The applicant must return these together with letters of recommendation and an official copy of transcripts indicating academic status and major.
- The scholarship will be deposited with the financial aid officer of the recipient’s college or university in the student’s account.
- The recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA on a minimum course load of 12 units per semester (or equivalent) and remain in good academic standing during the tenure of the scholarship.
- If the recipient withdraws from school, changes majors to an unapproved curriculum, school or department or graduates during the tenure of the scholarship, the unused balance of the award must be returned to NWMPA.
- A committee (whose members will remain anonymous) will be selected from the education committee, board of directors and the general membership. The committee will select the recipient, recommending approval to the Board of Directors of NWMPA. An alternate recipient will be selected in case the winner is unable or becomes ineligible to accept
- The recipient may re-apply for additional scholarship awards, but will be considered on an equal basis with all other applicants.
- Applications are due by March 1, 2019. Please send to: NWMPA, 5042 Stateline Rd., Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Questions regarding the scholarship or eligibility requirements should be directed towards the Education Committee chairman or the Executive Director of the association.